This guide outlines the necessary steps to connect your Pagos and Braintree accounts. For more information on connecting Pagos to other payment processors, see our Connect to Adyen and Connect to Stripe guides.
For added security of your data, we recommend that you log into your Braintree admin account and create a limited access API key for use with Peacock:
- Log into your Braintree production environment as an admin and create a new role. Name it something specific to its use, like Peacock Dashboard.
- Under Rights Granted for this new role, enable only the following permissions:
- Download Transactions with Masked Payment Data
- Create, Run, and Download Reports
- View Dashboard Graphs
- Recurring Billing
- Download Subscription Records
- View Modifications
- View Subscription Plans
- View Subscriptions
- Search Subscriptions
- Dispute Management
- View, manage and contest disputes
- Manage Webhooks (Add/Edit/Delete)
- Read-Only Access
- View Address
- View Customers
- View Merchant Accounts
- View Payment Methods
- View Transactions
- View Verifications
- Download Files
- Search Customers
- Search Transactions
- Search Verifications
- Click Create Role.
After you create a limited access role, create an API user in your Braintree dashboard:
- Create a new user.
- Under API Access, click the checkbox beside API Access.
- Under Roles, click the checkbox beside your new limited access role.
- Under Merchant Accounts click the checkbox beside all of the merchant accounts for which you want data to flow to Peacock.
- Click Create User.
- Log out of your admin account, then log back in as your read-only user account.
- Locate and save the following values for future use:
To pull in Braintree data to Pagos, you'll need to add a new data source in your Pagos account:
- Log into your Pagos account.
- Click the settings icon in the navigation bar.
- Click Data Sources.
- To add a new data source, click + Add new data source.
- In the right-side panel that opens, click Braintree, then fill in the following fields using the saved values from Step 2:
- Name - This value is used for display and identification on charts, and can be whatever you prefer
- Merchant ID
- Public Key
- Private Key
- Click Add.
After you enter your Braintree details in the Data Sources page of your Pagos account and click Add, a pop-up will prompt you to create a webhook. Click Copy beside the destination URL, then click Ok.
Next, log into your Braintree limited access user account to create a webhook.
On the New Webhook screen:
- Paste the destination URL you copied from your Pagos account into the Destination URL field
- Under Notifications, click the checkbox beside each notification event option.
Updated 5 months ago