This guide outlines the necessary steps to connect your Pagos and Stripe accounts. For more information on connecting Pagos to other payment processors, see our Connect to Braintree and Connect to Adyen guides.
For added data security, use a restricted API key to connect your Stripe and Pagos accounts. If you don't already have one, you'll need to create one in the Stripe dashboard:
- Log into your Stripe account, then locate your API keys in the Dashboard.
- Create a new restricted key. You'll need to name this API key and and change the permission for Webhook Enpoints to Write. Then, change the permissions for the following core resources to Read:
- Report Runs and Report Types
- After you create the new restricted key, copy the Name and Token for use in the next step.
To pull in Stripe data to Pagos, you'll need to add a new data source in your Pagos account:
- Log into your Pagos account.
- Click the Pagos logo in the top right corner, then click Pagos Account.
- Click Data Sources.
- To add a new data source, click + Add new data source.
- In the right-side panel that opens, click Stripe, then enter the restricted API key Name and Token from Step 1 above.
- Click Save to complete setup.
If you have already configured a webhook for your Stripe account to connect to Pagos, you will receive an error and will need to remove the old webhook so a new one can be generated.
Updated 13 days ago