With notifications, you can tailor how Canary by Pagos alerts you when your metrics change unexpectedly and trigger events. By default, notifications appear only in the service panel UI (web), but you can elect to receive them via email, on the mobile app, or delivered via webhooks.
The Notification List provides you with an inbox-style way of browsing all your configured notifications. To access your Notifications List:
- Open the Canary Service Panel
- Click Notifications in the navigation bar.
From this screen, you can add, edit, or delete notifications. To edit a notification, click its row in the list; this opens the side edit panel.
To create a new notification, navigate to the Notification List, then click + Add and configure the following settings:
- Source - Select a source for the notification from the drop-down menu of your triggers and those Canary has enabled for you
- Type - This field auto-populates based on the selected Source; Canary system triggers are Advice notifications and user-configured triggers are either Trigger or Summary notifications.
- Name - Give the notification a title; this appears in notification messages or webhook call backs
- Description - Describe the notification; this provides you additional details in the notification messages or webhook call backs
- Destination - Click the toggles to enable the communication method(s) you want Canary to send the notification by:
- Web - Enable notifications in the Canary UI; by default all notifications are enabled for web
- Mobile - Receive notifications in the mobile app
- Email - Provide an email address to receive email notifications
- Webhooks - Enter a URL endpoint to configure a webhook notification
After you finish configuring your notification, click Save.
You can disable or delete a notification at any time. By disabling a notification, you'll stop receiving alerts for the related trigger until you enable it again. To do so, locate the notification in the Notification List, then ensure all of the checkboxes for each destination option (Web, Mobile, Email, and Webhooks) are unchecked.
To completely delete a notification, click the notification row in the Notification List, then click Remove.
Updated 21 days ago