As of October 17, 2022, we released the following updates to the Canary by Pagos Service Panel:
- We've replaced the Group/Sub-Group and Filter/Sub-Filter fields in the Trigger Configuration panel with Filter drop-down menus. This aligns Canary's UI with that of Peacock. To specify the transaction data you want Canary to monitor, you can now apply up to two Filters, selecting your filter parameters from the drop-down menus. For more information, see our updated Canary Triggers guide.
- When you configure a notification in Canary, you can now choose from three options for how you'll receive that notification:
- Emails - Click the toggle, then enter an email address where you'd like to receive email notifications
- Generic Webhooks - Click the toggle, then enter the URL endpoint for your webhook
- Slack Incoming Webhooks - Click the toggle, then enter both a Slack URL endpoint for the webhook and the name of the Slack channel where you want to receive the notification