As of November 6, 2023, we've released a full redesign of the Canary Service Panel. The product still works the same as before—you can still customize triggers to monitor your payments data for anomalies and alert you to such events—but the way you interact with the tool may change slightly.
All of the Canary guides have been updated to account for this redesign. Take a look at the linked guides below to learn more about how to navigate around this spiffy new Canary:
- Getting Started with Canary - Follow a simple 4 step process to get off the ground with Canary!
- Canary Service Panel - Learn how to navigate around the Canary product, and review all the data and features available at your fingertips in the Canary Home page.
- Triggers - Triggers are at the heart of the Canary product. You create triggers for the metrics you want to monitor, and Canary will alert you when those metrics change in unexpected or unprecedented ways. This guide walks you through creating and managing your existing triggers, including listing all the metrics you can monitor and how to narrow down the segments of your payments data you want Canary to keep an eye on for you.
- Events - When your data changes enough to trip one of your triggers, Canary will log an event. Learn where you can find your events and what kind of information Canary provides you about them.
- Alerts - A data anomaly detection service doesn’t do you much good unless you actually get a notification about the detected anomalies. That’s where Canary alerts come in! Learn how to configure custom alerts for each trigger.
- Summaries - Canary ties together your triggers with the events they generate in Summaries. In this guide, learn how to create custom summaries to better understand patterns in your payments data anomalies.