Canary by Pagos generates events when it detects a change in your data. Events are the output of both your own triggers and those Pagos built into Canary. Once the conditions in the triggers are met, Canary creates an event and notifies you according to your alert settings.
Here are some example events to make the concepts more concrete:
- Daily Approval Rate in the US dropped below 80%, and is currently at 78%
- Hourly Processed Volume is up 5%, and is currently equal to $43,453
- Hourly Average Order Value increased by $50, and is currently at $183.45
The most recent events in your payments data appear front and center when you log into the Canary Service Panel. Once you connect your payment processor(s) to Pagos, events we’ve detected at login automatically populate a table under Recent Events. Click the Event Identifier next to an event description to access context and details around the event.
You can access a list of all your events by clicking View All above your Recent Events table or Events in the navigation bar. The Event List provides you with an inbox-style way of browsing all the events that Canary has detected and lets you drill down into the specific details of an individual event. This can be particularly important if you need to know the context around what data segment the event happened in, on what metric, and at which threshold value.
You can search for an event by name or narrow down the events displayed using the following filter options at the top of the Event List:
- Event Date - The date range in which the event occurred
- Metric - The metric monitored by the event's trigger (e.g. Approval Rate, Average Order Value, etc.)
- Trigger - The name of the configured trigger that generated the event
- Threshold Type - The threshold type of the event's trigger (e.g. Relative or Simple)
When you click on an event in the Event List, an Event Details side panel opens containing additional information, including the name of the trigger associated with the event. Click the trigger name to open an overlaid Trigger Details panel containing complete details about that trigger. If you wish to make changes to that trigger, click the pencil icon, edit the trigger details, then click the save icon.
Updated 4 months ago